Thursday 3 November 2005

MS To Launch Internet Versions of Office And Windows

MS To Launch Internet Versions of Office And Windows: "Re:Yes microsoft is bad
(Score:5, Interesting)
by Maxo-Texas (864189) Alter Relationship on Tuesday November 01, @10:47PM (#13929835)
Sorry to bust your balloon but microsoft is fundamentally dedicated to a world where everyone pays a monthly subscription for microsoft products and there are no competitors and any potential competitors are locked out before they can even get started.

Fooled me once, shame on me- fooled me at least 15 to 20 times- well I guess I should assume you are trying to fool me on any future attempts. (convicted of stealing competitors products, well known tendency of breaking competitors products by tweaking the operating system, well known tendency to slow competitors products by tweaking the operating system or using illegal API's and still certifying product, bundling, giving away products for free until the competition is dead then never innovating, 'embracing and extending' java, j++, the halloween memoes, 'collaborating' on products with a competitor and then bringing out their own version using knowledge they picked up during the collaboration, etc. etc. etc.).

They are not just another large capitalist company. They are something unique and they want to lock that in forever. They bought or drove out of business every legitimate business that competed with them either legally or illegally (Stak/doublespace comes to mind- there are others).

Trust me, you don't know it but you really do want 4 to 5 solid OS's competing with many different products so that they keep each other honest.
--
The long term benefits of sunscreen have unfortunately been at least partially disproven by scientists"
==============
by Anonymous Coward on Tuesday November 01, @06:38PM (#13928475)
This has absolutely nothing to do with the reason news of Goo.... Goooo... Ggggg... I can't say the name... but it has nothing to do with them and their work with Open Office.

------------------

I love marketing-talk

(Score:5, Funny)
by kebes (861706) Alter Relationship on Tuesday November 01, @06:48PM (#13928573)
"This advertising model has emerged as a very important thing," Gates said.

Translation: "We really missed the boat on that one, and are desperately trying to catch up."

"The live phenomenon is not just about Microsoft. It's partners, it's competitors...the whole space is being transformed."

Translation: "I woke up one day and suddenly there was this technology company making alot of money... and to my surprise it wasn't Microsoft! I knew I had to take over that tech sector ASAP so I asked someone what all this 'online' stuff was about."
-----------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home